I have a question about milling(actually a lot of questions)... remembered this thread and though it would be a good place to ask and also pop this thread back up So we have had quite a few jobs to rip out 3-4 inches of asphalt then dig down a few more inches and replace with 6 inches of rebar reinforced concrete... the issue we ran into on the last one was the cement treated subgrade under the asphalt is anywhere from 6 to 14 inches thick! and the cement treat is like full strength concrete!!!. In the past the subgrade was also sometimes treated but nowhere near the strength of this stuff, in the end we ended up breaking out the full 6 - 14 inches then replacing with crushed rock back up to grade for the 6 inch concrete.... So my question is how good would a small milling machine work for milling the two layers together? was thinking something along the size of a skidsteer mounted type... I think I heard they come up to 4 foot wide...??? don't know much about them so I am looking for any thoughts and opinions from anyone who has used them. The milled sections would be anywhere from 30 to 100 feet long and 10 -20 feet wide. Also how fast do these things mill at 6 inches or would you have to do multiple passes to get to depth? I appreciate any info the experts on here can offer as I am completely green on this Thanks, Ron