One of the Dr's. I was/am dealing with now suggested the shingles I had around my eye several month's ago may have been an early sign I had cancer. It's hard to know how many different ailments could be related to each other. I was glad a good ER DR. ordered a more extensive blood test and was able to tell me what was causing my unbearable back pain. Getting a cancer diagnosis is never good but I was quite relieved to finally know the cause of my pain. Thankfully the type of cancer is very treatable. Getting another vertebroplasty procedure to repair the fractures in the other 5 vertebrae in early Aug. I'm looking forward to it. If it's half as good as the 1st procedure I'll be doing back flips in short order. I go for a stem cell/bone marrow transplant on Aug. 10. Apparently the transplant has very good results in most cases too.