Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: CST/Bergen Lasermark LM800GR repairs?

Stopped by the local "big, but not a chain" rental place today (their sticker was on the laser) and spoke to their repair guy, they no longer carry this brand as (per him) after Bosch bought CST/Berger the quality went downhill and parts became unavailable. He sad that both cams should turn by hand, if they will not turn (neither one does, even with some gentle persuasion by a pair of pliers), the motor is likely fried. Ended up buying a pair of motors from MM Tool Parts ( https://www.mmtoolparts.com/store/bosch-axis-drive-assy-molded-cam2-chamfered-p-2610a07457 ), that should be the whole assembly ready to bolt in. Their salesguy said they have to order them from the factory, it will probably be 2-3 weeks before I see them. If they turn out to be unavailable, Alibaba appears to carry a similar motor for $6ish (partial part number on the motor appears to be: PG25s-048 which translates to a 25MM diameter, permanent magnet, stepping gear motor, but I cant see how many degrees per step these motors are without taking it all apart), I would just get the Alibaba one, but questionable quality, uncertainty about being able to swap the cams over without breaking them and the hassle have me trying to get the "right parts" first (then I might order the Alibaba motors and rebuild/sell the ones I take out). Aaron Z