Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Any one have experience with a tilt bucket for mini excavator what are your thoughts on it?

I have 3, on much larger machines. I have an 84" SEC, a 72" ACS, and a 84" Amulet. I have had to do a bit of work to the SEC, with Chinese steel and engineering it has taken a bit to get it workable, but it's my favorite ditching bucket due to the geometry. The ACS is a little small, and it tends to push the heel down when curling instead of bringing the cutting edge up, but it works. The Amulet that I run on my 290 is a beast, far bigger than I expected I would get. I went with a bucket rated for a 40 ton hoe, and should have stuck with the 30 ton version. It does well in light, dry material, but you have to be on your toes if you get into muck.