Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Sullivan D375 shutting down

I replaced the discharge air temperature switch made sure the compressor oil was full and pressure washed the radiator/coolers. sandblasted for about 30-40 minutes and it shut down again, same code SPN 097 FMI 031. All gauges are reading good. Fires right back up but shut down within 5 minutes. Used a laser temp gun on the discharge pipe and it read 155 degrees, so don’t think it’s a discharge air pressure temperature problem. i had previously used it with no issues, 4 blasting sessions Lasting 4hrs or so each. I did bump the pressure from 80-90 psi to 100psi, I was using the low pressure setting. I tried lowering the pressure back to 90 today after the shut down and was able to blast for another 20 minutes before shutting down. Tried the high pressure setting at 100 psi and blasted for 15 minutes, no shut down. Ran out of things to blast lol. anymore advice? Anyone know a shop that knows the air end of a compressor in the Columbia SC area?