Not that it's legal but I know 2 people that have used a single axle truck like that to move a 20 ton tag with a 953 on it. I also was told that a pintle would not handle a 963 or 320 sized excavator on a tandem dump truck. I talked to the guy that moves this combo. He stated it was over weight by 3k for the permit. Truck moved it fine but he did not like how it stopped. Supposedly this trailer was custom made to haul this kind of load. He uses this combo to move this tractor around town and he said he absolutely hated it. He wants a lowboy but the company he works for wants him in a dump truck. I would not be afraid to use a gooseneck. As other have stated a lot of use will wear it out. It would depend on what trailer you find at the right price. I think your truck will be fine with any of the above. I suppose i would prefer airbrakes over electric but either can work. This trailer would work well for your combo. Problem is the trailers are 10 to 20k used. I move this around town. Machine is 17k had to remove the front ripper to trim 800 lbs. It was over weight on the trailer axles. Now it just hits legal weight.