Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Chinese stand on mini loaders…

Went out with ut, today, fell into a trap of my own making... Track pulled off, I opened the window to get a look, jam nut had backed off. I had just made a rig to hold the 2 track wrenches, the 1-1/4 jam nut wrench, and the 16 mm bolt gearwrench. Thought it would be a cinch to loosen the track, pop the track back on and button it up again, boy was I wrong! Had the gearwrench on to loosen the track, here's the picture: As you loosen the track, it pushes the bolt backwards, thus pushing the wrench toward the rear side of the window. If you go 2 clicks too far on the wrench, its forced up to the side of the window, and unremovable! Ended up taking a dremel-type tool, cutting my brand new 16 mm gearwrench off about 1-1/2" from the ratchet end, removing that, before I could proceed. I think the next mod I make to it will be to cut that $!*& rear side of the window longer, and fab a new window plate, cause the existing window bolt is exactly in the way! Grr, rant over...