Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Logistics of push loading scrapers.

The pond is 700' wide we are loading our triple 1812s just fine in that distance without pushing. We have a single 1228 ktec on a tractor right now. Self loding he has a ok load in 260' and in 470' its boiling over everywhere. For this test we will have 3 sets of pans. I think if we push them out to the longest (2,000') haul we might keep up with one dozer. Push loading is going to be a short test. Our dozers blade ain't reinforced to be push loading. I don't think we would do it anyways with dozers long term. We would probably setup a push blade on a tractor. Other then the way we do our cuts a tractor would probably be to slow to be ready for the next push. I haven't worked through in my head how we would go about using a tractor to push efficiency.