Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Unplanned time off!!!

I missed this thread earlier too. So sorry to hear of your fall. I'm not sure if the back can heal with time or needs surgery. I had 10 compression fractures of my verterbrea due to multiple myeloma. I had 2 vertebroplasty procedures where they use bone cement to repair the fractures and use a little extra to act as an internal cast. They have to look at an x-ray to do the procedure so they don't glue the vertebrea to the disc's. It caused a curve in my spine and I lost 5". I still have back pain but I think it's more from the kidneys. The first vertebroplasty was amazing! Almost instant relief from agonizing back pain. Unfortunately the second procedure didn't have as much relief. Are there any procedures or operations they can do to help repair your back?