Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: 1970 Clark C60 7k forklift – No tilt

I was puzzled by the LPM valve question I brought up, so I did some digging. Apparently LPM was set up in Chicago by Echlin, to handle forklift parts in conjunction with its NAPA ties. So it existed. But, When I quit Clark in 9/79 to open my own shop, there was no generally accepted knowledge of such a forklift parts supplier in the southeast. As I recall, it was in the early 80's when word spread of LPM, Intrupa, and another, offering access. However; knowing Clark's and any major manufacturers penchant for pricing, it would stretch the imagination of them buying from LPM when for years Vickers supplied them direct in valves and pumps. I have seen a lot of Clarks', but never with a identified after market source tab. OK, a question. Sometimes a truck was built as a C70 and stocked at the factory; but shipped to fill an order for a C60, or vice versa. Per Clark rules, docs, etc, they would have changed the counterweight to downgrade... Both same truck in vanilla except weight. The ones i have seen and known this done, all were noted on the "line card" (you call build/actual Machine Production Card), usually as a sort of memo like CWT # removed and # CWT replaced. If it showed a cwt number in the list, it would have been ----- thru and the replacement number entered, different font from card print. Look for any strike thru # or any memo verbiage down at the bottom, front or back.