Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: JD 323D sliding side windows falling down and rattling

Window rehab is complete. I don't have any pictures of everything installed, but looks exactly that of original. If anyone else has this problem, this is what I did: I machined some H-extrusion to match the edge length of nylon edge trim to serve as a liner. Sandblasted, epoxy primed, and spray bombed satin black. I used 3M 590 windshield adhesive to bond the liner to the inside of the extrusion in 5-6 places, and the extrusion to the side windows. I peeled the old stuff and threw some new felt weatherstripping on as well. I am very happy with the results and seem to be tighter than the side windows on my t66. This all resulted from 15 years of side windows sliding back and forth which literally wore through the aluminum extrusion so had nothing to keep the bottom part of the window in place, and unfortunately no way to "fix" this from the parts counter without purchasing complete replacements for more than I wanted to spend. The joys of buying a used machine