Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: New to Heavy Equipment

It might not hurt to go around and check all of the hydraulic hose fittings for proper tightness. If one was loose then maybe someone putting the new machine together was distracted or having a bad day. I have twice knocked a boom/stick fitting loose getting in too close to tree branches. Operator error...and thankfully didn't break a fitting. I also blew a seal on a valve block assembly on my new Kubota tractor (rear hydraulics). Apparently the assembly wasn't tightened sufficiently when installed new at the dealer. They sent a mobile mechanic to repair it. Meanwhile, I took a shower and threw away clothes...since I was showered with hydraulic fluid. BTW as a relatively new guy to heavy equipment (had and excavator Kubota U55-4 and Kubota LX3310 tractor for a number of years) also just remember big or small these machines can kill or injure you in the blink of an eye. Use this site to learn all you can. The guys here have been great, patient teachers and likely kept me alive. Have fun and be safe.