Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Change Neutral Over-ride solenoid on Case 90XT

So I picked up the new "Neutral over ride" solenoid from local Case dealer a couple days ago. Installed it yesterday, was quite straight-forward. The only thing that "got me" for a minute was that the direction control pin under the cover that the NOR solenoid is in is spring loaded so goes out of position when cover is removed. In the manual it details removing a plug for a spool, to take off spring pressure. However I just used a piece of light copper wire with a hook in the end. Wire was used to pull pin to proper position so it engages the slot in the control housing. * (there is a plug that can be removed to see that pin is correctly in the control slot). Once in position I just pulled the wire enough to straighten hook, and pulled it out. Used the machine for at least a couple hours yesterday and had no issues. Was just splitting wood however, so brakes were not released for extended periods of time, which is when my issue usually presented itself. It is an expensive little part, but quite vital. Hopefully that is the end of the only real issue I've had with this machine in 10 years. Maybe someone will find this helpful at some point. I couldn't find any info about it online.