Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Vermeer RT650 Engine Does Not Turn Off With Key

So I made a lot of extra work for myself for no reason, here I thought the fuel shut off was the solenoid that went into the side of the motor by the manual fuel shut off. I replaced that because it was not functioning. But turns out I was mistaken, the fuel shut off goes into the front of the motor. I had to remove the belt and the idler puller bracket to access the two bolts and hold the fuel shut off lever back to remove the solenoid. I powered the solenoid from a battery on the bench and it would spark when I connected the terminals. But the solenoid would not move, it didn't actuate. So $420 later, I bought a new fuel shut off solenoid from Bobcat, the nearest place that I knew had Deutz motor parts. And put it in, now the machine starts, with the key, turns off with the key, turns off with the controls on the backhoe seat as well. So incase anyone has the issues of the machine not turning off with the key, the solenoid by the throttle linkage, and the manual fuel shut off is not the proper fuel shut off. It's up to the right, and there's a two wire connector going to it.