Hey Tinkerer, sounds like good, solid advice. I'm going to try talking the Hydraulic shop into tearing into it first before we fire the parts cannon at the poor ol gal. I imagine to check that flex plate, we'd have to pull the shuttle out? I have a service manual, but I left it with the hydraulic shop for his reference, so he could see the pressure test procedures for the shuttle. I believe there is a way to check that, if memory serves me correctly. I did not check the fluid level; the hydraulic shop guy did. Hopefully he followed proper procedures. I'll double-check with him. I don't think it's in my service manual. Would you happen to have a copy of the operator manual? He's fairly familiar with Case backhoes but not super up to date on the 680E in particular; sounds like he's done a lot of 580 backhoes. He wasn't super familiar with how the clutch cutout works and thought it was electrical at first. I'm pretty bummed, as I have grown quite fond of this machine, and it did a fantastic job while we were building. she fires right up and the motor runs strong and she's got plenty of digging power with the exception of solid rock. Thank God it didn't die in the middle of construction! So I want to fix her up right and give her a nice retirement gig of small, slow projects around the property. Hopefully, we can get her fixed, and it's something simple; I'll have him check the flex plate. Anything else I should tell him to check as well? Any advice is appreciated. In the meantime, I'll get some quotes on power shuttles and parts just in case, so I have the worst-case scenario planned for as well. I really appreciate all your help with this and appreciate your time!