Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reply To: Track drive problem on horizontal grinder

This problem occurred as I was tracking the machine to load it on a trailer. I was using the remote control. It was going to a Peterson Pacific dealer service center for some repair work. I called them at the time and they told me which valves to use to manually track the machine. I found this today. Apparently one of the valves they told me to use was not for the 2nd track motor. I replaced that solenoid and removed, disassembled and reinstalled the wrong valve. When back at the machine I will go to the correct valve and work it manually. It may free up something and allow the remote to work properly again or at least I can track it manually. I won't be tracking it on a trailer to send to them though. Red is actual track valves. Blue is the one I worked on because they told me it was for the 2nd track.