So I needed tracks for my mini and I called a few places and I was given 2 options. They had my size which is 300x52.5x88 and they had option 2 of 350x56x86. Now I did the math and the bigger tracks were about the same size but about 2"s wider and I was thinking that would be ideal as I do a lot of work in wet areas that arent tight so the width would be better for foltation. Now I know they were gonna be heavier but I was fine with that. So I got my tracks last friday and I finally got the time today to install them. Now I put them beside my old tracks and they just seemed a lot longer but the company that sold them to me assured me they would fit. So I installed they tonite and I preassured up my adjuster and I reached the end of them and I still have about 4" of slack in the track. Now I read on here and other forums that 2-3" is about normal. Is there any thing I shoule be worried about and my track adjuster is also all the way out, is that a good thing or bad.
I am far from a crawler expert but it doesn't sound good , as new tracks will stretch a good amount until they settle in. You should check with your supplier before running them. I would guess that you would want your adjusters to be center or less.
Thats what I kinda figured but wasnt to sure. Im gonna call them monday and see as I agree they will stretch. Only thing im thinking is I needed 84 not 86 link.
See the thing is they list 4 sizes for my machine. 350x52.5x88 350x56x86 350x56x84 300x52.5x88. Now according to all of the info I cant find is they all fit my machine. Im gonna have to call the dealer and ask him to cross it again cause I dont need to be putting my track back on all the time or wrecking something else. Worst of it is, I got a great deal on these tracks and really dont want to **** the supplier off but I hope we can make them work. I wonder if I cant extend my tensioner arms to my front idler to make these work. I think its possible to just make some new arms to extend them out another 4".
Well got some news today. Dealer got ahold of manufacture, they said that I must have a sk35sr-2E not just a 2. But apparently the 2E is only suppose to fit the 300x52.5x88. But im nlt sure of the difference of the machines and how the 2 will fit them all and the e only the 300. Any insights. My machine is a 2002 SK35SR-2E PX 10-08631
how can you tell if its the E sub model ? I have the PX-10 08637, also an 02 but the sticker on the side is SK35SR-2, any input is appreciated
Go out to your machine and look at the bottom of the boom by were your drive controls are. Mine had a plack with the serial number year and model number. Ill try to post a pic
Here is a pic i hope it works
I don't know about the model variations of the machine and what not, but back to the original post, you stated the original track was 300x52.5x88. Did you get this size from the numbers that are embossed on the original track?
Yes I did. It was right on the outer edge of the track. And like I said many different track manufactures offer the different sizes. But apparently the 2 and 2e are just a bit different. If I could find out how then I could answer that but im guessing it has to do with something on the u/c and a few other things maybe.
Well, yes, there may be differences in model variations of the machine. However, I assume the original track fit properly, that's the size you need regardless of the model variation debate, you need the track that fits. As for the options, 300x52.5x88 (original track) vs 350x56x86. That's just wrong! Here's the way it works (original track); 300 = track width mm 52.5 = pitch between lugs of track (center of one lug to center of adjacent lug) mm 88 = total number of lugs If we do the math, the original track, 52.5 pitch x 88 lugs = 4620 mm track length. Option 2 track, 56 pitch x 86 lugs = 4816 mm track length. Option 2 track is 196 mm longer than original track, appx 7 3/4 inches. Moreover, the pitch, 88 mm vs 86 mm. The drive sprocket has a pitch as well, distance between teeth center to center. The pitch of the track needs to match up to the pitch of the sprocket. If you're sprocket is dimensioned for 52.5 mm pitch of track lugs, 56 mm track pitch isn't going to match proper to the teeth of the sprocket.
Ok that makes sense but why do they offer all of these options. Now i wanted the 350 wide for a reason. I work a fair bit in mud and slake ahore sand and such. I wanted more float than the 300s had to offer. Now according to the supplier he said these would fit. So now im with going back to the old size. I was searching tonite and found 2 suppliers that offer a 350x52.5x88 &86. But i havr to call the one manufacture that sold me these and see what there going tp do or if im gonna be paying for there mistake. I gave them my original size and thats what they sent me and said they would fit. Im pretty sure i still got that email
With all due respect, what they "told you" matters little, I'm just giving you the numbers, the track they sold you is almost 7 3/4" longer than the original track that you had on your machine, a track that worked just fine until it needed replacement. In my humble opinion, regardless of the side show debate, they sold you a "will fit (may fit might fit)" replacement track. It's just the numbers, as the old saying goes "they don't lie". I can't say how you need to proceed with this, but you do not have a direct replacement for your tracks. At best you can make a convincing argument that you've done some research and you now see the track length isn't right and that the pitch isn't correct and you would like to send the tracks back for a refund as they are not a direct replacement. At least, that's what I would do, demand a return of those tracks.
Ya i know. I dont really want to be a ***** to them though. Here in canada isnt the same as the us man. Getting a deal on tracks ia hard. My factory sized 300 from a local guy was 1600 each for camoplast ss tracka. I called another dealer who i bought this set from and i got the same brand but in the wider pad for half what the other guy did. Thats why i jumped all over them. Ill call them tomorrow and see what i can get done with them. Im just gonna end up asking for a exchange for the right size. And thank you for the sizeing insite. Didnt know how they figured it out before.
To clarify, I'm not suggesting you be an *** to them. I'm only saying, regardless of how good the deal was, they're the wrong tracks, they will not fit and are not only not a direct replacement, they are an incompatible replacement, they're just plain flat out the wrong tracks. Regardless of track width, the track length and pitch are critical to work properly on your machine. The tracks they sold you just don't match the proper dimensions for length and pitch. I do hope they don't give you grief returning them. But if they attempt to, you need to fight them on length/pitch. As you stated, you gave them your track size, they're the ones who claimed "they will (might/may) fit".
Ya i know you werent saying to be rude. Im just saying to. Ill give them a call today and see what they are gonna do. I have a rep grom camoplasts factory and ill get it figured out today as i want tjis done with soon. Thanks for the help ob the track dimension atuff btw.
Couldn't agree more with Willie59 You are getting sold the wrong product by someone that clearly does not know what they are selling! This drives me crazy. Just because people know where to buy rubber track cheap, does not mean they know how to sell rubber tracks. And the info from "the manufacturer" is most likely a sales person in China or Korea telling them whatever they need to hear to get you to buy the product. I'd be happy to refer you to a reputable supplier in your area.
Well i just got off the phone with them. Hes gonna take them back nqa. He said ya there wrong but not sure why the other sales guy sent these tracks to me. But hes gonna cover shipping ob the tracka both ways and get me the right pitch and link in either the 300 or the 350 if they have them in stock. You are right about a dealer wanting a sale but the supplier is the obe gettig it sorted out for me. Ill keep you guys posted. Abd thanks for the offer and the reply.
It would be easier to read this thread if the punctuation and spelling were a bit better. Just saying... Regards, CD
Ya sorry. I use my smart phone and i got sausage fingers. Sorry for the mistakes in spelling. Just sayin. Saskman
10-4, got it. No worries.
Well just figurwd id update you guys. Got a call from these guys yesterday, so they got me the right tracks finally. I ended up with my 350 width that I wanted too. There other warehouse had a set of 350x52.5x88. Which is te right size this time. They did cost me a feww hundred more but only cause these ones were new current camoplast and not the old solid deal. So the new ones should be here by the end of the week or early next week. I had called around and found that im only paying the difference in price of the tracks really so I was fine with that. Thanks for help and thr advice.
Send us a pic when you get those new shoes put on. :drinkup
You bet. Im hoping ill have my new ripper built by that time. Going to the machine shop tomorrow I think to get some pin bushings made for my quick attach. Also have to cut up some bracing for it too. Im also gonna get some metal rolled for my other bucket im building.
I think that Camoplast switched from "OLD STYLE" tracks made in Korea to "NEW STYLE" made in China , Different tread pattern & prices , with ones coming from Korea costing less & being phased out.
Ya wouldnt be urprised but the new camos have better warranty than the old ones the sd tracks are 18 month 1500 hr. But like I said, im fine with the bit of difference. I just wanted the right tracks.
Well the new tracks are here, just got them home and unloaded tonite. Going to try to get them installed along with my one bottom roller this weekend. Hopefully I should be good for a while with the new ones. Im just glad the dealer got them sorted out for me.