Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

04 816F Landfill Compactor

GregsHD ยท 2015-11-03 15:04

Howdy, Got a "new" unit to play with, 816F BMR00463 fresh from the auction.... 6 codes present that I would like to know, 030-96.03, 030-819.02, 081-41.04, 081-177.03, 081-177.04, 081-562.09 also can I clear codes on this unit without E.T.?? Already found the recently replaced brake accumulator had no charge in it, got it charged to spec and system tested ok. Service brakes don't hold 2nd gear stall (pressures are in spec), anyone have the procedure to measure the brakes? Trans pressure light and buzzer come on intermittently, might be wiring related but leaning towards pulling the suction screen and checking for material.. Trans filter wasn't the cleanest, no metal but a black grey color, after I changed it the light/buzzer remained off for a whole shift, trans oil is clean. Is it best to check trans pressure at the filter, or is there a better test port? Nothing like buying someone else's problem with no service records... :Banghead Thanks in advance!!:drinkup

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2015-11-03 15:23

    The codes are as follows: - 030-096-03 - Monitor System - Fuel Level Sensor - Voltage Above Normal 030-819-02 - Monitor System - Display Data Link - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect 081-041-04 - Transmission Control - 8V DC Supply - Voltage Below Normal 081-177-03 - Transmission Control - Trans Oil Temp Sensor - Voltage Above Normal 081-177-04 - Transmission Control - Trans Oil Temp Sensor - Voltage Below Normal 081-562-09 - Transmission Control - Monitor System - Abnormal Update Rate From those it sounds to me as if there have been some comms/wiring issues between the Trans ECM & the Monitor System. To clear the Codes will need a 4C-8195 Service Tool (Click Box). You can either make one or buy one. Try searching HEF, there is a "how to" somewhere that I posted.

  2. #2GregsHD2015-11-03 15:40

    Awesome! I found the page HeavyEquipmentForums I'll be whipping up a click box asap, good chance there is some rodent related wiring damage as this machine was parked for 3 years. Thanks Nige!

  3. #3Nige2015-11-03 16:01

    I have a better (clearer) version of the "how to" document here. Drop me a PM with your email address and it's yours.