Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

04 PC50MR2 control monitor problems

Kuhndog10 ยท 2023-12-17 10:04

Hi all, New to this site. Looking for some help. I recently bought a used pc50mr2 and figure i better get used to working on it myself considering costs. When I bought it, it didn't have any issues with the control monitor and recently it quit working. So I don't have any gauges, my 2 speed, or working light switch. Hour meter shows hours but isn't counting anymore. I've been tracing the circuit in the service manual I bought, checking fuses. cleaning connections, checking voltage on connections and so forth. and still going so looking for info if anyone has any tips about this. Fuses are good. Fusible link is good. A handful of times during troubleshooting it did kick on but doesn't stay on. what I found this morning when I pulled the F2 connector, cleaned it and hooked it back up, my panel comes on solid. all my lamps work, gauges work, and both switches work while my key is in the preheat and on position. Kick the motor over and start it and monitor panel quits. And when I go back to preheat and on position, I have nothing again. But every time I pull that F2 connector and reconnect it the monitor power comes back. Kick the motor over and monitor quits again. Just wondering why it gets power then quits when I flip key to start motor. Its like something locks the panel out and im resetting it when i pull that f2 connection. I'm still going with this and have a few more things to get to such as the ignition switch and harness into the panel. I'm hoping its not the panel because I've already got a quote to get that repaired. but with that info was wondering if anyone had any ideas with this that could help me. I appreciate any info. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.