I found one way to cheap, going to look at it. Anything they're known for as far as problem areas? Alternately I'm looking at a 07 cat 321c cr with 11000 hours, I like both, this one is a bit cheaper and 2 years newer it's easier to finance. The volvo is 2x the weight. Can it do 2x the work in same time?
Good day I suggest you check out the camshaft for wear top end can be expensive. Kind regards Uffex
If the Volvo is 2x bigger, that means that most of the parts could be up to 2x bigger. Are the parts prices also 2x bigger?
Might factor in what it costs to move it and how often you have to make moves. If it doesn't move much the extra production digging wise may be worth it. If you move a lot and have to pay to get it done the smaller machine might be better. There's always a trade off. A big machine for loading trucks sure is nice. There's more finesse with the smaller machines in some cases. Just my .02