Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1.75” hitch pin

Eldridge Construction · 2024-06-05 15:45

What the heck do you call the pin on a backhoe that stops the boom from moving side to side. I wanted to find a replacement for my 580K and I can't for the life of me find what case uses in the hole.

Replies7
  1. #1redneckracin2024-06-05 16:02

    found it.

  2. #2redneckracin2024-06-05 16:03

    found it.

  3. #3Eldridge Construction2024-06-05 19:53

    You’re awesome. “Swing stop”. I searched so many variations of swing pin, travel pin, boom stop, etc and nothing. I got a PN from a CAT pin which looks to be the same size, but couldn’t confirm a cross to CASE. Even now with the PN, I’m still not showing much for available products or photos. I’m guessing they don’t come with them new?

  4. #4redneckracin2024-06-06 07:45

    You're welcome! happy to help out. I'm not sure about availability, I'm sure you can find something aftermarket to work?

  5. #5fast_st2024-06-06 09:48

    Make one? get a short piece of 1.750 chrome cylinder rod from a local hydraulic rebuilder and weld a little handle on the top.

  6. #6Eldridge Construction2024-06-06 09:57

    Already did with an old pin I had in the shop. Just found it interesting how hard it was to figure out what it's called and also how few are for sale online. I get so sick of my hoe rattling around when im doing a bunch of loader work. I'm trying to get it all to lock in place for snow removal, traveling between jobs, moving material.

  7. #7fast_st2024-06-06 10:10

    So you're saying you have a sloppy hoe? Mine is too old to have that pin so I just give it a left right swing at the start of working and the hydraulics hold it decent.