Hi guys. I have been posting some general earthmoving questions about productivity on this site over the past few days. Thanks for the feedback by the way. Based on the feedback I have received from members and earthmoving contractors in Ireland and the UK, I have developed a Questionnaire. This Questionnaire is for my dissertation titled "Critical factors influencing the productivity of heavy earthmoving operations" It is targeted at operators of dozers, excavators, dump trucks, graders, scrapers and other general earth movers. It will take approximately 5-10 minutes to fill out and it is only a multiple choice (eg. tick the box) Please have a look guys (Link below, paste into address bar) and if you ever have questions about earthmoving here in Ireland then I will be happy to help out. all the best, Ciaran The second questionnaire: [url]https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dE9SSHd4bThMbXlaVms4WmhnTnFxWGc6MQ [/URL]
I took your questionaire. You should PM a moderator and ask him to merge these two threads, and see if you can publish your results here, as I would be very interested.
thanks mitch504, now all i need is another 50 or so responses ha ha, and I might have a clearer picture then. thanks for the help. Do you think I should include anything else that I am missing? p.s. if you have any friends who are operators, could you pass it on?
thanks for the replies guys. keep them coming please!
Two threads? You must've got here early, Mitch. When you cross post the same thing in 8 different places, you don't need to PM a moderator to draw attention. :cool2 Ciaran, while we're happy to help, cross posting is considered bad "netiquette", and 8 identical threads is really over the top. :nono But, since this seems like a worthwhile cause, and assuming you'll follow Mitch's suggestion and share your findings with us, in some form or another, I'll do what I can to help. I'll move this one thread (the only one that's had any replies, thus far), up to General Industry Questions, and I'll make it a sticky there for a while. That way, it'll always be on the top page of the top forum here, and hopefully will get everybody's attention. PM me and let me know how long you'll want it up there. Does that sound good?
hey digger242j. point taken, I was wondering where my posts went . Its just I was trying to get an even spread on operator opinion because my dissertation is on all types of earthmoving equipment involved with large scale earthworks. That would be great if you could post it in the general section. But could you leave it in the dozer and excavator section too please? And by all means, if anyone wants a soft copy of the entire project after september the 30th then thats no problem. I visited a 2mile motorway project last monday and hopefully i will be visiting an 5mile section of highway works next week. the findings should be of interest to members.
hey digger242j how about filling it out?
OMG.... you just made my day. The wording is priceless! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
hey old and worn. If you get a chance will you fill it out? thanks mate.
I posted a link there to this thread, so as not to confuse the issue with multiple threads being replied to. (One of the reasons cross posting is discouraged in the first place.) As soon as I have the time. :thumbsup
I would if I could but I can't. Hobbyist...I putz around with a few pieces of iron at home.
You sound like my old man. He is restoring his Ford Tw-15 at the moment. Nearly finished now, its fully sprayed, new stickers, and fabric in the interior.
Thanks to everyone who is filling out the questionnaire. I have gotten 34 responses in less than 24 hours. Keep them coming please.
I have received 38 responses from people living in Canada, USA, Ireland, UK, Norway, Philippines, Bahamas to name but a few. Thanks for the replies. I have a feeling I should have included John Deere and Case in the favorite excavator question. But Caterpillar is leading the way. This is part of my dissertation which will be approximately 25,000 words or over 100 pages (77 at the moment so its gonna be a lot bigger) If anyone wants a soft copy of the results then I will be happy to send them on a soft copy. Just do me a favor and fill in the questionnaire thanks guys
Completed. I'm also curious, is it some form of engineering that your studying at Queens University Belfast. I for one would be interested in viewing your finished dissertation.
digga dave, Yes, it is a MSc. degree in construction and project management. If you go on the queens university Belfast website, you will be able the get a description. Be careful because there is a queens university in the USA as well so dont get confused Yes I can send you a soft copy. Let me know closer to the 30th of September. Thanks for filling it in too. Cheers
MSc, I assume that is a masters in science/contruction? Interesting survey, good luck to you!
Forestroad, Thanks for filling it in, and if you added the additional comments then they were very useful. I have posted a 2nd and final questionnaire in the excavator section of the forum. It gets into good detail. (I thought the first questionnaire was too basic, thinking back). This one is for foremen, supervisors, engineers and experienced operators. Have a look, I think you will be impressed with the detail. Ciaran.
And yes its a masters of science.
Thanks for everyones help. I received 68 responses on the questionnaire so I have turned it off for now. I think thats enough. Ciaran
As requested, I've removed the original from the opening post, and replaced it with the second one.