I've got an older (1990?) Mark Industries (now Genie) 6x4 boom lift that I would love to get some service or repair manual information for. It does everything it's supposed to do within reason, EXCEPT that it doesn't like to travel very well, and being a 6x4 rough terrain machine, you'd think it would go about anywhere. My biggest gripe with it is it's slow moving and the fast/slow switch doesn't work in the basket, but I can live with that. It stops moving when it gets to the slightest incline, like the gyro switch is telling it it's off level and quits moving. The darn thing made me walk down the boom the other day because it quit moving and functioning from the basket, and it was barely off level at all. I managed to get it doing something after a while by switching to ground controls and playing with certain toggle switches simultaneously to get it to do anything again. It is full of hydraulic oil. Not a single leak anywhere on this rig. I'm guessing it's gotta be a gyro switch on it somewhere that's causing it to stop?
Sound like it’s stuck in creep mode. The boom has to be all the way in and below horizontal to be in full drive mode. There’s limit switches in place for all of that. One could be stuck. Even though it’s 6 wheel it’s not a good rough terrain machine. They’re very heavy