Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1066 ih

jem1960 ยท 2018-05-27 19:50

I have front-end loader for my Ih 1066 that up and down and swivel are not working . I have to release level and pull it again to move. Also on adjustment level for 3 point has to be in a certain place for my bucket to move up and down and swevil. Need advice. Joe

Replies12
  1. #1Tenwheeler2018-05-27 21:12

    How and where do your loader hoses connect to tractor?

  2. #2jem19602018-05-27 22:17

    To the remote at rear or tractor

  3. #3jem19602018-05-27 22:17

    Of

  4. #4jem19602018-05-27 22:19

    Push and pull

  5. #5Tenwheeler2018-05-28 00:17

    So two hoses connect to the two remotes on the same side at the rear of the tractor? Then they go to a control valve for the loader? The valve has one lever that moves in a cross for all functions or two levers? One for raise and lower,the other for the bucket? How long have you had this tractor?

  6. #6jem19602018-05-28 08:35

    Yes it has two levels one for up and down the other for bucket. But there are 2 hoses for up and down and 2 for bucket. I got tractor about 7 or 8 years.

  7. #7Tenwheeler2018-05-28 19:32

    ? So it uses all four hose connectors for the remotes (on the back of the tractor ) for the loader? The two levers used are the factory ones on the right side of the seat?

  8. #8Delmer2018-05-28 19:35

    Go to redpower.com, this is a tractor specific question that they'll know the answer to much better than us. How's the fluid level in the tractor? when did you change the hydraulic filter last? What does the fluid look like after it's been used a while? foamy or milky at all?

  9. #9jem19602018-05-28 21:40

    Yes, that's correct.

  10. #10jem19602018-05-28 21:46

    Checked levels on fluids it's full. Took off cover on the 3 points lever and I noticed milking oil in it. 3 years last time I changed filter. I took off remotes noticed it was leaking between them two. I'm going to buy O rings and reinstall and try it.

  11. #11Tenwheeler2018-05-29 22:30

    Does the three point lift still work? It uses the same pump.Looked at a 1066 and 1086 today but they are not plumbled like that. Looked at a book and it gets more confusing. Some had open center systems and others had PFC ( Pressure Flow Compensator ) systems. Some pictures of the valves under the seat may help someone identify what you have. There is a bushel of springs, check valves and spools in those. Likely an easy fix with one of those. Dealer told me years ago to figure out what your checking. Just take that one part out or just fix what is leaking. Sorry I'm not much help today. I have worked on them but never had that problem.

  12. #12jem19602018-05-29 22:47

    Thanks for your help.