I have a Case 1088 that has lost her swing! She can move forward and reverse but no side to side. The left side swing has been acting up for awhile. Wouldn't swing left until the machine warmed up, right would work fine, then it worked both left and right all day long. Last week, started her up and no swing at all since. Forward and backward still fine. Had a spare main pump so changed that, checked the joystick control, checked the pilot pump, swing control bank. Nothing's worked and still no swing. Would anyone have an idea on where else to look?
Good day John Just trying to understand the issue you have , when you refer to swing do you mean operating one track to steer the machine ? if so is this a case of both left and right side tracks in both directions? Kind regards Uffex
Hi uffex, No, sorry for not being clear on that. By Swing, I mean the cab/boom/bucket swinging to the left, right, around. I can lift, dig with the bucket/boom but can't put the dirt anywhere but where it came because it won't "swing". The machine/tracks work fine, the boom lifts and lowers fine, it just wont swing left or right. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.
Hi John If all other functions are OK this would appear as a swing issue only so we can say that the pumps are working - Since it appears by your description the issue began when swinging in one direction and then included the opposite direction indicates that the swing motor or the relief - refill valves may be at fault. We assume that there has not been any unhealthy noise from the swing transmission, you can always drain the lube oil and check if there is any witness stuff in there, the main spool can sometimes be stuck by debri . Hope this gives you something to get your teeth into. If you are still stuck after making these checks you can drop me an mail I will try to help out. Kind regards Uffex
Hi uffex, No, absolutely no noise. Worked it one day, the left swing was hesitant until it warmed up, right swing worked right away, then swung both ways fine the rest of the day. The next day, started her up but no swing either way at all since. I'm just stuck on what you call the "main spool" as I may call it by a different name? Where would that be located? Thank you.
Hi John For sure it appears a hydraulic issue to be able to help you with good information please photo the swing motor and the valves which it connects Email those to us at [email protected] we will make some trouble shooting information for you. KR Uffex
Hi John We have made some research on the 1088 and have some information which may be helpful, if you would drop us a line on email we will forward this to you. KR Uffex
Hello. I have a case 1088lt as well. Well my pumps went out an they were made by hydromatic with is a German made pump. Well these pumps are obsolete An if was like 8000 bucks for a differ brand replacement. So needless to say I have a parts tractor. No motor due to I sold it an no pumps cause there shot But the undercarriage is perfect An looks to be new rails pins an bushings. Swing gearbox is still there too. I cut the thumb off stick. If ya need anything let me Know. Be glade to help ya out any way. 706 5940136
hello to everyone who can help me I need information about the swing bank of a case1088 I can not find the schematics thank you.
Good day bristling Really sorry we do not a schematic for this machine maybe some other subscriber can help if you can forward one along we can help in more detail, I have checked this is about as much as we have. Kind regards Uffex
Hello, I use to have service An parts manual for the 1088 LT hoe, it has been misplaced for sometime now, but I have still have my machine an it has a brand new under carriage on it , it’s a complete machine minus hyd pumps an motor. I know there rare machines an getting harder to find parts for, mine still has swing motor an gearbox as well,be glade to help ya out if ya need any parts, I’m located 65 miles south of Atanta Ga (LaGrange). 706 5940136. Text me if ya need parts
thanks for answering, mr. uffex and thanks for the diagram. chris allen then you do not have banks of valves in your machine? I have a problem with the bank of valves of the swing maybe you have some photos I would like to know how it is connected with respect to the entrance of the hoses that come from pumps, swing etc.
this is the valve that i want to conect
Here is a couple of shots stated as 1088 might help. Kind regards Affix
thank you very much will serve me a lot, forget to mention that it is a chain 1088
Yes my machine is complete , be glade to send ya some pics from my phone, give me ur cell number if ya still need a visual aid
hello, chris allem, of course if it would be useful to see some images of the different types of valve banks and swing my cell phone is +526411053620 whatsup write it as it is written on your cell phone, + 526411053620 and thank you for your help.
if you can , take some pictures of the diferent bank of valves and the pumps and motor swing and the and bank of pilots, It would be very helpful, thank you
We’re are you from. Here in the states we only have 7 digit phone numbers. Be glade to get ya some pics. Just need to know how to use ur number. Is this extra numbers to get to you from outta the states, not sure bout ur number. I’m just a dumb redneck from the woods.
I'm sorry, I'm from the border of Arizona with Mexico, my number is from Mexico, is the one I use in Whatsupp, you have whatsupp ??
Maybe, you could show them in this chat ?? How do I show them?
my hotmail is [email protected] ,, maybe you could send to my e mail box??
you need to put a gauge on it before you do any thing and check pressure there is a gauge port on the control valve
good morning to all, I have managed to solve the problem of the swing bench, but now another problem arose, before the main pump of the implements rose around 2400 in low and in high rises around 4000 and using the implement more than 4000 psi, I could move the machine a lot but after a while, I started to hear an excessive noise in the hydraulic system and a hose that connects the bank of the swing with the implement bank tensed a lot and stopped the machine, then turned the machine on again and now it only gives me 300 psi at most the pump and if I put it on high it gives me 1000, could it be the pump? or some valve that has broken down ?? thank you very much to all,
good morning to all, I have managed to solve the problem of the swing bench, but now another problem arose, before the main pump of the implements rose around 2400 in low and in high rises around 4000 and using the implement more than 4000 psi, I could move the machine a lot but after a while, I started to hear an excessive noise in the hydraulic system and a hose that connects the bench of the swing with the implement bank tensed a lot and stopped the machine, then turned the machine on again and now it only gives me 300 psi at most the pump and if I put it on high it gives me 1000, could it be the pump? or some valve that has broken down ?? thank you very much to all,
Hello everyone, I have solved some things about the 1088 excavator, but I am stuck in a problem of the boom, is the only one that does not want to lift. I'm sure the pressure comes to the cylinder but something locks it up as if it were the return of the rod that is restricting it from rising. Any suggestions? Thank you. certainly the boom does not raise but if it comes back.
I guess I'm not understanding which is not working on your trackhoe. Does main boom go up and down and does arm go in and out?
do not. the main boom goes down, but it does not go up, it's the only one that has a problem, everything else works correctly.
You have a relief valve that is stuck open more than likely.
Good day There are a couple of issues to check out that of boom hoist pressure and that of boom cylinder seals, suggest you dead end the line with a pressure gauge and measure what the raise pressure actually is. Kind regards Uffex
That is a great response, thank you
thank you very much, I have managed to solve the problem, I almost gave up, the problem was the hammer application valve bank, where I had to carry a flow control valve had a plug and visceversa this had done the mechanic before me, it is difficult to find these flaws without information or schematic, now the 1088 long track case has been reborn