Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

110′ Link Belt on Rubber For Sale, Calif. $75k

Birken Vogt ยท 2019-02-07 12:08

I have no connection with the seller, I just spotted this. I have no idea if it is a deal or not. Probably being sold because it is 2 cycle powered. https://sacramento.craigslist.org/hvo/d/antioch-rent-or-buy-1973-link-belt/6803570553.html

Replies5
  1. #1crane operator2019-02-07 22:03

    11' wide is a real pain. They are stout old crane, a precast concrete place by me has a couple of them. Nobody is real keen on driving them anywhere. They actually sub out to a crane outfit with large all terrains, most of their work outside of town, because no one wants to drive them. In other words, I'm probably not a buyer. Having only 110' of stick isn't real handy, there's a lot of booms laying around out there, its just you would have to go find it. I don't have much of a use in my area, or line of work for a lattice. Its too much work to set it up and tear it down for a single pick or just a few. If you have a long term job, it will have much better capacity vs a hydraulic of the same size.

  2. #2ichudov2019-02-08 19:07

    the price is pretty steep also, $75k

  3. #3DMiller2019-02-08 20:20

    Site work, long duration or Yard Work cranes these days, narrowing niche market. That mashed up Conex loader/unloader owner on a previous post may find it as useful for a spell!!

  4. #4Tugger22019-02-08 21:15

    Good luck to them on that one. Fairly recent Ritchies sales up here saw a 125 linkbelt conventional and a 150 ton Lorraine bring 10000.00 each . Both were good running ready to work. Sad to see as they sure do a good days work for not much cost.

  5. #5ichudov2019-02-09 17:03

    Lots of "dreamers" on Craigslist...