Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

11k skytrak issues

Awjunkies ยท 2016-02-24 11:30

Hey just wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions. I have an 11k skytrak MMV that has 2 main issues. 1. Load meter underneath joystick flashes as if overloaded even with nothing on it. Fine at level but as soon as I start to raise the light flashes as if too much weight is on. 2. When balancing out (cab side to side) the cab shakes violently the other direction. Meaning if I tilt the cab right or left the controls feel like they stutter then the whole damn cab surges. If I have any load on the forks they will definitely fly off. It will operate without any other issues, just the one described when balancing the cab. A coworker of mine suggested something could be stuck in the shock valves on the shock behind the driver side so he took a soft dead blow and gently tapped around. Put the forks in the air and tried to recreate the issue and nothing happened. No jerking. Nothing. I'm a fan of easy fixes but I need more concrete evidence!!! I don't want to give it a good bill of health and have it fail on me while carrying a load. Give me some pointers!!

Replies2
  1. #1Awjunkies2016-03-09 06:32

    Any advice? Flush system or replace LMI maybe?

  2. #2msllc2016-03-14 01:36

    Take it into the dealer ship / nearest aerial / lift handling repair center. Why risk losing a load??