Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

12-15 ton shovel rates

excav8r ยท 2011-03-29 22:47

Hey guys Just curious what the average hourly rate for a shovel between 12 and 15 ton would be. Also I would be interested to know what the fuel consumption of one of these machines is. Cheers Steve

Replies10
  1. #1GCC2011-03-30 19:10

    $85-$120 over here in kingston, ontario depends on if your in the city out of the city the farther from city the cheaper the closer to th city to more expensive and with a hammer add $100 and hour on top of price.

  2. #2excav8r2011-03-30 22:34

    That sounds about right. I figured around $105 an hour. I'm located in kemptville south of Ottawa. Nice to see another member within about an hour of here. What kind of work do you do in Kingston?

  3. #3GCC2011-03-30 23:00

    I'm about 30 minutes west of kingston but I do work any where from missaugga to ottawa large subvisions and developing, also golf course's and land clearing. Do a lot of work for Laurin General Contractors which are all over canada and I do a lot of the prep ground work for them. Also have about 2 pages of developers I do work for non stop the only problem is the developing work is slowing down and I'm starting to actully look for work. But this 5 tons per axle stuff makes my money making machine sit at the shop for the last month and untill May 2 which it will be delivered to a farm where I got fence lines to remove

  4. #4Canadian_digger2011-03-31 22:24

    GCC just wonding if you know what people are charging for a hammer on a backhoe in your area,

  5. #5excav8r2011-03-31 23:31

    Sounds like you have a good thing going. Hope time passes quick for ya till may.

  6. #6WV earth mover2011-04-01 07:35

    Its only about 75 per hr down here when working for a general and maybe around 100 for a home owner at laest if you want to stay kinda busy.

  7. #7GCC2011-04-01 08:19

    Ok I talk to my buddy out in the county for a 15 ton shoval he charges $100 when its busy and $95 and hour when its slow for his breaker its $200 an hour any time and for his case 580 its $70 and hour all the time and with a breaker $130. Also the fuel consumption would probably be around $200 I would think to be safe for a 10 hour day. Hope this helps you out

  8. #8wsw2011-04-07 15:15

    How did you make out plumbing your excavator Mike

  9. #9GCC2011-04-07 19:28

    I have not installed one yet lol. I think if I do ill just get a kit from HKX they quoted $6000.00 to my front door for a breaker kit which I think that's quite reasonable. I just don't think I can get all the parts I need to make it cause the closes hydraulic shop is off there rockers for parts price and I'm sure I would screw something up making my own lol.

  10. #10wsw2011-04-07 23:40

    That is an excellent price for that kit for that kit Mike. I have installed lots of them and they are very complete and fit the machines well. Don't get over excited when the kit comes and go nuts installing the piping. Read the instructions good and get the piping right. It is pretty straight forward but I have seen guys get the piping so far off that it leaks at the joints and replacing the ORS seal is hard if the piping is installed wrong. Check into installing accumulators if your breaker doesn't have them internally. I can tell you what you need and where to get it. Again I think for that price you got a great deal. I paid $5400 for a kit for a ZAXIS 225USRLC 3 yrs ago and we only got it for that price becaue the company just bought the machine from WAJAX and they had the kit sitting on the floor. You will be surprised at how well HKX has put the kit together. Any questions let me know.