Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

12-16.5 front tires for 4×4 Case 580K

DualsportWA ยท 2015-02-16 10:03

Hey guys- got a nice sidewall gash in one of my front tires, and want to replace both before I get a sidewall blowout in the field. It's a 1988 Case 580K 4x4, ~17,000lb total weight, 5500lb front loader lift capacity. Looking for a value tire (industrial treaad), mostly offroad use, limited roading- this backhoe is occasional use (it's at my cabin) - not making a living with it. Looking for a relatively tough tire since it will be used off-road. All that said- what front tires would you all recommend (links?)?

Replies5
  1. #1oceanobob2015-02-16 11:16

    I thought the same way until we realized the rims are stretching so to speak and the flanges were turning outward which is why dirt was going in the tire so we had ended up accepting tubes. So after purchasing new rims, I got some money and put Goodyear tubeless with the big bead protectors. Ouch $$$. Irony: once I figured it, I ended up realizing I figured wrong. PS Yes we kept the old tire and tube and old rims for demo jobs and dont nor wont load the bucket all the way with these rims but they are old so not so much pain if rebar pokes it.

  2. #2AllDodge2015-02-16 11:36

    I would suggest 10 or 12 ply R4 tread. Load capacity is at 5600 @ 65 psi (10 ply) and 6320 each @ 80psi (12 ply), can bring pressure down and can still handle the load 10 PLY 12 PLY

  3. #3rickw2015-02-17 08:04

    we have soldeal brand, i think that is how it is spelled. we have a 580SL. I think they are the same as skidloader tires

  4. #4bob_002015-02-17 21:16

    solideal http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/construction-tires they are pretty tuff to beat you can also fill them with some windshild washer fluid it will add some weight to the front of the machine if needed down here we use it insted of clacium filling. windshildwasher don,t eat up the wheel like calcium

  5. #5El Hombre2015-02-18 13:03

    http://www.nebraskatire.com/industrial Take a look at them...