Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

12″ tracks on t650 thoughts

EvanM ยท 2021-12-13 13:27

Its time tracks. Current running the original 18" tracks. Run mostly on firm surface. Doing residental house clearance digs and backfilling. Thought I might try narrower tracks for better traction also might work better for digging. We also do all prep for flat work I dont think narrow tracks will hinder us there. Most machines 650 size seem to runn18" tracks. Im I thinking wrong to go narrow. Thank you all for the comments

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2021-12-13 19:45

    You will lose some floatation. I think the narrow tracks will increase your machines tendency to spin out rather than hook up in the dirt, especially in wetter conditions. On firm surfaces, I suspect the tracks would plant better but, I think you may see increase track wear due to that increase hookup in those conditions when turning. I believe it would work better in snow/ice if that matters. I would stay with the original tracks.

  2. #2EvanM2021-12-13 21:53

    Thank you for the response. I did grab the narrow tracks. Will report back on how they do compared to wide tracks

  3. #3EvanM2021-12-18 18:10