Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

120 Zaxis_1 low hydraulic power all controls

zaxis011 · 2024-11-03 17:19

Just rebuilt pump and pilot still very slow trying to pull bucket back from full reach it drags on ground barely lifts off ,very slow tracks , Was fine never made a noise and then this happened ,I have read manual ,any advice be great,I unplugged every plug on my mates machine (on pumps) and it operated fine so I don't believe it's electrical but I am not ruling it out .cheers

Replies14
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-11-03 18:05

    Welcome to HEF zaxis011 . Has pilot pressure been checked ? All new oil and filters ? What happened to the hydraulic pump to cause you to rebuild it ?

  2. #2zaxis0112024-11-03 18:15

    I haven't checked pilot pressure at filter I will machine up a fitting and check ,pump was rebuilt because someone thought they knew it was my pump , 5k later I'm same boat ,I have pressure in more than 1 hose constant at idle I thought only pilot hose should pulse ?

  3. #3zaxis0112024-11-03 18:58

    If I hold half stroke slew joystick bounces same as curl like a hose pulse?

  4. #4zaxis0112024-11-06 22:20

    I have 800 psi on fast idle 1400 on full rev pilot mport think I may have to many shims in there but we're do I go from here? Thanks

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-11-06 22:41

    ??

  6. #6zaxis0112024-11-07 01:35

    That's my pilot pressure

  7. #7Diesel Dave2024-11-07 09:47

    I get the 800 psi pilot pressure at fast idle. What is “1400 on full rev pilot mport “ ?

  8. #8zaxis0112024-11-07 17:21

    I'm plugged into the pilot filter it called m port on the manual , below the relieve valve ,when I give machine full rev it has 1400psi Im wondering if that is normal and we're do I look from here ,does that move me on to valve bank and eliminate my pump ,I have disconnected every plug on pump on my mates zx 130 and it was performing as it should so I don't believe it's electrical

  9. #9Diesel Dave2024-11-08 08:09

    The pilot pressure is way too high , see spec in screenshot below. I suggest you get the pilot pressure down sooner than later. The releif valve in the pilot filter housing may be jammed with debris.

  10. #10zaxis0112024-11-08 19:27

    I have 30l a min should have 100l min

  11. #11zaxis0112024-11-08 19:27

    Pilot is easy fix take shims out

  12. #12Diesel Dave2024-11-08 19:50

    What is your pump control pressure at only 30 lpm ?

  13. #13zaxis0112024-11-08 20:24

    I've had professionals looking at it and they have given up so I'm doing this to my best knowledge,I believe it's not stroking the pump and yes only 30 lpm I have 390 bar I thought this would be enough to get a direction of what to do next before I burn it

  14. #14Diesel Dave2024-11-08 21:48

    Do you know how to get into the onboard diagnostics ? To do that press and hold the set button then key on or start. After bulb check release the button. Then use the select button to scroll. Post the pump1 and pump 2 control pressures when holding the dipperstick in over releif ,engine at full throttle. Diagnostic list in screenshot below.