Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

120G Brakes

hargrove ยท 2012-04-15 09:50

I went to help a friend with a 120G 87V3931 that would not build up air ,tank was full of oil so we replace compressor ,still no air .Put shop air in discharge line off compressor and air is comming exhaust port on brake valve ,so my guess is a new brake valve unless it can back feed from the park brake valve.Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Dean

Replies4
  1. #1DPete2012-04-15 10:52

    Just put a brake valve on my 12G $500, they had a Cat classic for 1/2 in Denver but I didn't want to wait. If you have time get the classic. There are several lines so tag before removal

  2. #2grandpa2012-04-15 11:04

    You can get a kit for under $100:cool2

  3. #3DPete2012-04-15 11:33

    True in fact I had the kit, when I took the valve apart it was pretty corroded internally, didn't want to take a chance with brakes so turned it in for new.

  4. #4hargrove2012-04-19 21:25

    Thanks for the replies were going to put on a new valve