Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

121-3 A/C low pressure port

Lowlife ยท 2020-05-30 21:07

I'm unable to locate the low pressure ac port on a Kubota 121. the picture in the manual is bad but looks like it may be behind the alternator.....if it is an alt in the picture. if so any idea how to get to it yet alone see it? thanks in advance (tia)

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2020-05-30 23:37
  2. #2Lowlife2020-05-31 07:12

    Right off the compressor. Good move Kubota, many thanks for the info.

  3. #3Tags2020-05-31 13:45

    You may need to go in by lifting the side cover on the right side that covers the hydraulic tank and all the hydraulic valves, I know you have to go in that way to adjust the AC belt in order to loosen the bolts on the compressor . You may need to remove a flange or two that direct air to the radiator to get to it...

  4. #4Lowlife2020-05-31 14:09

    Okay, here's how I did it. If you have long skinny arms it can be done without too much drama though some is expected. 1 Ram your head as far in and up as you can in the engine compartment. I prefer it not running but ymmv. 2 look between the upper radiator hose connection and the valve cover. Theres your front sight, behind the alternator you can see the port with a flashlight. Your job is to now get there. 3 I removed the entire air filter assembly and the hose to the engine in one assembly. You will have to loosen and remove the front intake hose to get it out. 4 stuff your hand back into the abyss and probe around until you find it and remove the cap. Install ac gauge low pressure connector. I found my port tilted to the front and left so trying to install straight up and down is futile 5 remove hand and install air intake hose and assembly so it sticks out the engine bay and filters air. 6 rejoice and have 1 repeat 1 beverage of your choice. The rest is the rest. Enjoy

  5. #5Vetech632020-05-31 20:10

    You just earned a $25+ an hour job at your local Kubota dealer. Better get in there and get that app filled out!

  6. #6Lowlife2020-05-31 22:10

    Nice but I'm too damn old. I spent too many years as a BMW mechanic. I can't hang upside down under dashes anymore. 25 an hour might pay the chiropractic bills but doesn't leave much meat on the bone. As a professional wrench you learn the shortcuts that don't affect the quality of the job. Besides 1 beverage of choice for each successful job may be frowned upon. Now service manager............hmmmmmm