Hello, I have a chance to buy a 125 International E I think, it has the 4-1 bucket. The owner states the machine is good mechanically and is asking 5750.00 for it. I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction as to the "price" and the overall thought about this machine as well as any know problems that they may have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I added a couple of pictures . Sincerely, dillon
how many hours does it have and can you see any leaks? you can probably scrap it for half that so it seems like a good deal even if you cant sell it later. from the photos it seems to be in pretty decent condition. what are you planning on using it for?
Hour meter don't work. no major leaks at all, I plan to use it around the farm for various small jobs, dig a small pond in one of my pastures, and repair my driveway, plus maybe push some brush, nothing major. And have it on hand for lifting things when needed. I am concerned about the reliability of this brand, such as the trans, engine ect. I have owned a Case and a cat in the past but never had a international. so this is why I'm hoping someone can tell me about this machine.
international made nice machines, the 175 crawler loader uses a lot of the same parts as the td 15 so the 125 is probably similar to the td 12 dozer. there are a few guys on here that have bought and spent a lot of time fixing and using the 175 sized machine so they would have a better opinion, the 125 is pretty small but for around the farm doing odd jobs i think it will work great especially with the 4 in 1 bucket for grabbing different things.
From what I've seen of them, they're a decent machine. In the first pic, I see quite a bit of sag in the tracks and in the closeup pic of the rails, I see what looks like wear on the track pin bosses (probably from well worn rollers), pins and bushings may be well worn and possibly beyond being turned. Before you buy you might want to find out what replacement rollers and track chains will cost.
Thanks ol' Grump for the input, can you give me any other info. about the reliability of the engine and transmission ect. in " general "about these internationals ?
The International Dozers are junk and you should stay away from it.Buy the way where is this 125 located? I might be interested in it . LOL and just kidding around dillon45 . My buddy used to have one & liked it ,I ran it on a few jobs and was a handy rigg to have around. The 125 in the picture looks to be well kept and undercarrige looks good from what I can see. Run it awile if possible or let the owner operate it in the dirt & watch. If it checks out 5,750.00 sounds good to me . One thing I remember is my buddy calling after he first bought his 125 and he told me it felt like it was slipping in the transmission. I get over there and check the oil in the transmission and it's ok. After further investigation we pulled the floor plate and see a dipstick for the torque convertor. It turned out it was pretty low and after filling it solved the problem. The International dozers were nice units. If someone built a better dozer than International I'd sure like to know who they are Good luck whatever you decide dillon45.
I see what looks to ol' grump like wear on the pin bosses, it could be wear, or, it could be made that way. If it is wear, it was from before the rails were painted so whatever was wearing it has been fixed. I'm with td25, IHs are junk, where is it? I could use a little track loader. BTW, when you see a man who's screen name is an IH dozer model number, you know he hates them.
Thank you td25c that was a very well thought out and lucid response, with a great deal of helpful information, especially the dip stick for the torque converter. This will certainly help me when I check it out. Thanks again.
Thanks Mitch, I get the point that was pretty good, yes I agree w/ the wear issue, as you stated if it did have wear it was fixed, thanks for pointing this out.
LOL Mitch. Those IH dozers suck. Stay away from them Farmall M tractors aint mutch better.
My uncle next door is still running the super M my father bought brand new in 195?
Dillon, I've spent very little time on International dozers but the ones I did run seemed to be pretty stout. A friend has had one for several years and he seems to like it.
they are the best that you can get, and they are a lot cheaper than any other loader, is that a c or e, e has a turbo, either way it is a good deal
If I remember correct the torque converter dip stick was on the left side at the front.Had to remove the floor plate rite under where your feet would rest to see it. This thread has brought back some memories. That was the only 125 I was ever around but I actually worked the same tractor for two different customers over the years. One of my buddys ran it for awile then sold it to another . Anyhow the very first time My buddy calls & says " hey" ....... I just bought this 125 and it runs great,only problem is after about 45 minutes of hard running it starts streaming engine oil out the blowby tube. My first thought was the engine is overfilled with oil as many of the old IH dozers had two marks on the dipstick,one for when the engine was running and one for engine stopped . Or the engine is shot and its all from excessive blowby. I get over to the job and take a look at it while he's running it hard and sure enough after abit it would put about an 1/8 inch stream of oil out the tube.I'm scratching my head as the blowby wasent that bad ( I've ran some equipment where we had to tie the dipstick to the block to keep from loosing it just to get a job done LOL ) This wasent that bad. This engine started good & had power. My buddy dident want to overhaul it and I dident realy think it needed it .Long story short I ended up pulling the valve cover and fabricating up a "splash shield" over the valve train out of a piece of sheet metal to help shead oil away from the blowby elbo in the valve cover.It fixed the problem.Go figure :beatsme
Farmall M's stood the test of time Mitch. Heck ....Our first combine was a 460 Farmall with a New Idea Picker Looked like this http://flickr.com/photos/98616890@N00/7936441550/
Back in the 70's and 80's I did a lot of grading with a 125. I liked them for small job sites, you could grade and load a semi (normal excavating dump trailer) with them.
How would you compare the international E to a 450 B John Deere, all things considered ?
The pin bosses on the track links are cast that way. My new chains are that way also. Red Wannabe
Are these for a 450 J.D. or International ?
125E IH,Dresser
the 125e is the same as a td8e dozer except for the blade and bucket
dillon45, I have not run a 450 B John Deere. I've run 933 and 931 Cats, liked them all, but I liked the Drott 4 in 1 bucket on the Internationals better than Cat's 4 in 1.
You got a good machine there. I had one with backhoe attachment on it. tough iron. Had over 10,000hrs. That price looks good. The TD8E is the dozer model also a great machine.