Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

12g

knucklehead98 ยท 2008-06-07 23:38

:beatsmeDid Allis Chalmers make a 12G loader? I think my Grandpa used to own one, but may be mistaken. I will have to try and find a pic of it. I know that this machine had the radiator in the rear, and was told that it was a real HORSE

Replies5
  1. #1WabcoMan2008-06-08 02:55

    Yes, Allis-Chalmers did make a track type loader called a 12G. From memory they were about a Cat 977 size, 190 hp. Quite popular for working landfills due to the oil cooler/radiator arrangement:cool2

  2. #2knucklehead982008-06-08 08:17

    Hey thanks Wabco man. I did a google search and all I came up with was Grader info.

  3. #3Buckethead2008-06-08 09:35

    Knucklehead98 try searching for HD12G. :drinkup

  4. #4Deas Plant2008-06-09 10:03

    A-C 12G track loader. Hi, Knucklehead98. To the best of my knowledge, which is NOT encyclopaedic, A-C only made track loaders as loader versions of their crawler tractors and I don't recollect ever hearing of an HD12 crawler. I do know that there was an HD11G loader, an HD16G loader and an HD21G loader, along with a number of smaller models. Now having said that, I have just done a Google search on "Allis Chalmers HD12G" and come up with one on Machinery Trader: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5939481&GUID=db4d6dca9cff4986828b541728ac367b You can also find a reference to an A-C HD12G here: http://btmc3.webxerodesign.com/reference/application/allis-chalmers.html And here: http://www.hy-capacity.com/index.cf...O-Allis&typ=Industrial/Construction&mod=HD12G And here: http://irontrader.com/ads2005/ads-feb-a.htm And here: https://www.allpartsstore.com/Index.htm So it appears that your jigger may well exist or HAVE existed and, in the process, that search turned up a few parts suppliers as well. There were a LOT more parts suppliers as well but it's about my bedtime. LOL. Hope this helps.

  5. #5Deas Plant2008-06-09 10:44

    HD12G pics Hi, Knucklhead98. Here are some pics of your 'dearly beloved' HD12G. Enjoy. Also, you may find more of them under Palo Cingolate at MMT: http://www.album-mmt.it/categories.php?cat_id=64