Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

12G hourly rate ?

DPete · 2009-11-16 10:24

12G w/ topcon, ripper with man and fuel. What is the going rate in your area?

Replies16
  1. #1bell1422009-11-17 19:56

    around here its around $130.00 per hr. too dang cheap!!!

  2. #2DPete2009-11-17 20:46

    I bid it out @ $125, the way the work is going here I'll be lucky to get it. We seem to be in a cheap war. Wondered what goes on in other locations RE: price Thanks

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2009-11-17 21:09

    I'll try this again. Had a post and lost it. I couldn't get my 14G rented a few months back at $125. Someone was even cheaper. Then a few weeks back I got a flyer for a 140H at $110 per hr with automatics. I haven't seen prices this low for rental since about 1992 Good luck Pete

  4. #4#12Caterpillar2009-11-17 21:26

    I am no expert blaid hand and I don't have the newest machine on the market but the work I have done in the past was 75$ an hour and the local ranchers that have have hired me are well pleased with that! But I can't expect much more than that as I am running an old #12 8T :bash that I have been fixing up over the last several years. Just my $0.02 worth!

  5. #5TimHay2009-11-17 23:22

    I get $140 for my 140g no ripper government rates in alberta for 12g $130+10% for ripper i dont now what a topcon is

  6. #6Vantage_TeS2009-11-18 01:25

    A GPS brand name, the GPS will either be either guidance (reference, just tells you +/- and the measurement) or fully automated (will control the hydraulics for you). Some other popular names are Trimble, Accu-Grade (just Cat's rebranded Trimble line), Cross Slope (JD's line) etc etc.

  7. #7cummins052009-11-18 05:05

    Think what tim ment Vantage Tes is he does not know the rate for a grader with topcon in our area

  8. #8cat cruiser2010-12-02 16:29

    hi, been looking on here for a while.. loads of info about graders and track shovels. i live in scotland uk (read very wet) everyone runs a 360 excavator over here including my brother. cat 219 + 312b. thought i would do it different so bought a 130 g grader + 951c shovel.. shovel is just for interest and farm use, but grader has to pay it's way as it cost quite a lot.. graders only used for gravel road maintainance over here., hardly ever in groundworks, usually far to wet.. just get stuck.. thing i don't get is the hourly rates over here.. modern grader with good operator £45 $70 13-20 ton 360. £30-35 $55 backhoe £25-30 red diesel 50-55 pence a litre road (white) diesel 1 pound 25 pence a litre = not much profit to be made.. but at least your in a cab out of the rain!!

  9. #9jwar1002011-01-21 21:06

    Im running a 12F in the oilfields here and i charge $200.00 per lease road for grading, takes about 30 minutes on average to grade one out. I have about 8000 hrs in a grader though also.

  10. #10grandpa2011-01-22 09:40

    Im running a 12G around here and I charge $85 and hour,,, I have about 50,000 hrs in a 12 7t,8t,99e, f and g.

  11. #11DPete2011-01-22 11:58

    Grandpa, bet you don't miss that 8T LOL 6volt pony and back up pull rope, oh ya, remember to oil the clutch release bearing 5 acres to turn around, not to mention the knuckle buster. Been there done that 8T1110

  12. #12grandpa2011-01-22 14:42

    DPete, and don't forget, the spark plug wire was located right by the decompression lever and well if ya wasn't paying close attention,,,,,KAPOW..... the old magneto would light up ur life.....bah ha h hah

  13. #13vapor3002011-01-22 16:23

    GPS we usually figure in another $25 per machine with GPS, but if your renting one machine that has GPS you are going to have to setup a base station for that machine also, so id imagine that would be more, cause we usualy charge that kinda stuff under something different, not to a paticular machine

  14. #14bigrus2011-01-28 05:39

    For those $$$ do you supply fuel or the hirer. My machine in Australia on black soil, no rocks (with the batter blade) gets $130 plus fuel supplied by the hirer.

  15. #15michael curtis2024-09-05 00:34

    I need to raise my rate 09/4/2024, currently 115 hr.

  16. #16OzDozer2024-09-05 03:35

    $130 in Australian dollars is only US$87, getting fuel supplied by the hirer is a great deal!