Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

14 pin connection pinout / diagram for CAT

joshjack ยท 2015-04-20 14:19

Hey guys, I have a new Kubota SVL90 with the Kubota 14 pin work tool connector installed. I also have a Cat 299d XHP with it's 14 pin connector. With the Cat I purchased a Dozer blade that uses the electrical connector to direct the hydraulics to the different cylinders for 6 way control. I have a 14pin to 14pin pigtail kit from Kubota, and a pinout for the Kubota side; but I have no idea what the corresponding pins are on the Cat tools, specifically the dozer blade. The Cat user manual is worthless as it only shows a couple pins for "a typical lift arm connection." Couldn't find anything online as well. I'm not 100% sure the Kubota and Cat are not the same, but I'd like to be able to confirm it before just hooking things up. I do know the dozer blade has a pin present on a connection the Kubota says is unused, so I'm thinking they aren't the same. Any help is appreciated! - Josh

Replies1
  1. #1cdm1232015-04-21 00:13

    Since you have both machines, have a helper us a test light and activate switches while they probe pins and diagram what is what on each machine, then if not the same you have all the information to make an adapter cable. PS post your results so other members can save time and grief.