Has anyone ever run an L-5 tire on your grader? If so how did they do? Do they last a long time? Are they worth it?
I've seen them used on the rear of graders before, not on the front axle though. L-5 will last a long time simply because of the tread depth. Don't expect super-high levels of traction, an L-5 is not a traction tyre per se. Also if your operation involves large amounts of high speed travel heat separation of the tread could be a problem. L-5s don't like to be run fast.
Thanks for the info on the tire subject. I can't afford radials right now so I've been looking at a set of either Samsons or Solid Deal. They are a Bias ply tire but the price is right at this time
Bias-ply L-5 would be even more susceptible to tread separation than a radial. When I talked about "high speed travel" that's anything above about 10mph for longer than say 10 minutes which is fast for a loader tyre.