Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140G 9T 2461

jett01 ยท 2026-03-27 00:21

Hello I am looking for a good used tip cylinder for a 140 G cat grader - if anyone is parting out or dismantle for parts please let me know . Thank you

Replies8
  1. #1jett012026-03-27 20:52

    Part # is 9T 2461

  2. #2Nige2026-03-27 21:06

    Have you looked on Machinery Trader Parts.? 9t2461 Parts For Sale | MachineryTrader.com 9t2461 Parts For Sale | MachineryTrader.com at MachineryTrader.com www.machinerytrader.com

  3. #3Welder Dave2026-03-27 21:53

    What's wrong with the cylinder? It might be cheaper to repair than replace. OEM cylinders are pricey even used.

  4. #4jett012026-03-28 01:48

    Thanks for the link Nige . The rod snapped in half . I have yet to finish taking it to our local repair shop , thinking they might be less expensive. Your right even used They are pricey and I am on a strict buget untill I know diesel will go back to normal . I have the moulboard chained up and still using the machine for light snow removal . The pins holding it in are seized in otherwise I would have it out by now . Any advice on removal of pins other than heat and pounding

  5. #5Nige2026-03-28 08:39

    If the rod has broken and the rest of the cylinder is still in good shape why not try to get a replacement rod.? Heat and pounding should get the pins out eventually.

  6. #6jett012026-03-28 10:32

    I personally have not looked into whether they sell the Rod separately, I asked AI if there was a part number for it, and apparently no, however, our machine shop may be able to build a replacement rod, and yes, I think the rest of the cylinder is good . Seal kits are readily available, and they are reasonably priced.

  7. #7Nige2026-03-28 11:29

    PLEASE tell me that you're joking...! Of course the rod is available separately. See attached. Part Number 9T-2456. The seal kit for a standard size cylinder is 233-9204.

  8. #8jett012026-03-28 13:12

    Thank you , I will check this out.