Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140G hydraulic pump setup

kmel · 2024-05-20 17:19

Hi all I’ve been asked to check out a 140 G as i was in the area (remote west qld) doing some other jobs So the story goes it had blown the hydraulic pump was taken to a shop for fixing and they couldn’t get a cat pump so an ITR was fitted and they have had trouble setting things up So i have very little steering (won’t turn on the ground) I have a pressure gauge on distribution valve ( as it sends oil to both control banks for lift extra) So LH bank seems to function fine but the left is all over the place artic has limited push , blade lift is now better but can change to no lift on next pull of lever It seems like a relief valve or sensor line is not working Have been into cat sis and there is no information as to how to setup a hydraulic pump Any help would be appreciated by the owner

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2024-05-20 17:24

    If you want help with the T&A procedure try providing a Serial Number. There are multiple models of 140G.

  2. #2kmel2024-05-20 17:27

    Yeah sorry thought I put it in there but I see i didn’t

  3. #3kmel2024-05-20 17:33

    I need to proof read my typing LH side bank is functioning mostly correctly but RH is all over the place

  4. #4Nige2024-05-20 17:42

    Here you go. Start by testing pump standby pressure - bottom of Page 7, and work from there.

  5. #5kmel2024-05-20 18:19

    Thanks will report back

  6. #6Nige2024-05-20 19:32

    I should have included this as well. The theory of the implement/steering system operation. If you understand better how the system is supposed to work it might make it easier to troubleshoot.

  7. #7kmel2024-05-20 22:03

    Thanks

  8. #8kmel2024-07-01 01:03

    So reporting in on out come of the hydraulic pump saga of 140G it was worked on by another company for replacement all stripped down and replaced by them ( Im 7th mechanic to pull it on as we do other work for the client also) so pump is an ITR 6E5072 same number as cat comes with compensator valve fitted. Some fittings were changed to make fit (this is what I was told) so armed with only Cat info as itr wasn’t very fourth coming. And some of my own investigation of 1 other G model the issue was that the sensor line pressure was correct but wouldn’t work the pump when implement lever was activated so found that the sensor line was in the wrong position fixed all hydraulics work But the steering is still not, went looking for a relief valve at steering orbital but didn’t find anything Removed spool on steering priority valve nothing Hoping it may be air as I didn’t have the correct fittings to do the bleed of steering cylinders which is next week