Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140h transmission issues

Crunch1125@ · 2024-08-27 13:50

I have a cat 140h grader. First gear works every time. And 5 and 8 gear work most of the time. But sometimes you have to switch back to park and then to 5 or 8 for them to work. 2 gear bumps then goes to neautral most of the time. Sometimes nothing at all happens. But never works. I’ve swiped 2 and 8 solenoid around. And that didn’t do anything

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2024-08-27 14:07

    Swapped just the solenoids or the complete modulating valve assemblies.? Got a machine Serial Number.? Have you changed the oil and inspected the transmission suction screen recently.?

  2. #2Crunch1125@2024-08-27 14:17

    The complete assembly

  3. #3Crunch1125@2024-08-27 14:18

    Oil is good as well

  4. #4Nige2024-08-27 14:24

    Clear and bright in appearance.? Doesn't smell burned.? Have you had the transmission suction screen out recently.?

  5. #5Crunch1125@2024-08-27 14:25

    oil is good. No haven’t had the screen out

  6. #6Crunch1125@2024-08-27 14:34

    Do you have a diagram on where the screen is located ?

  7. #7Nige2024-08-27 14:53

    Not off-hand. Don't you have the basic Operation & Maintenance Manual for it.? You can download one from HERE . Put SEBU7054 in the box and click the Search button. Ref #8 in this illustration.

  8. #8Crunch1125@2024-08-27 14:54

    I don’t have anything

  9. #9Nige2024-08-27 17:03

    See the link I posted in Post #8 above. You can download one for $52.