Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140h transmission problem

Benno123 · 2023-09-21 01:03

I have a 140H grader that all of a sudden started slipping out of gear. Was driving along and it just stopped moving as if it was in neutral. It’s not specific to one gear. It seems to happen in all of them. The oil was low but I topped it up cleaned the electrical connections on the solinoids and hasn’t changed anything. After I gave it a wash it didn’t move or select a gear at all but after a day it would select a gear move about a metre then stop. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-09-21 04:35

    Based on those symptoms it sounds suspiciously like electrical. Exactly where to look would depend on what parts of the machine you washed.

  2. #2Benno1232023-09-21 05:52

    I only washed around the solinoids block but it was doing it previous to washing it. I spoke to some mechanics at cat and they said it’s strange to loose all gears, but I discovered it drives in 5th. Do I replace solinoids?

  3. #3Nige2023-09-21 06:29

    What's the machine Serial Number.? How may hours on it.? Is the transmission pump original.? When was the transmission oil & filter last changed.? When the oil was drained was it clear & bright or dark & cloudy.? Did it smell burned.? At the last oil change was the suction screen removed and cleaned out.? Any notable debris in it.?