Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140m Transmission – Loses gears when warm / hot (3hrs use, loses all fwd gears other than 3rd)

Gingerbeer ยท 2023-09-12 00:34

Hey guys, I have a 140M grader that is losing gears when warm. Serial # - B9D02210 9770 hours When cold, it will operate for a few hours as normal. Then it will intermittently lose all gears except 3rd fwd. Just wondering if this could be electrical, major or if anyone has had these symptoms and found a solution? I understand it could require an entire remanufactured transmission, however prior to forking out a lot of money, I thought I would try my hand at asking the experts here? Thank you in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2023-09-12 05:38

    First up, kudos for posting S/N and hours. Saves having to ask. It must be the season for graders losing gears when hot......... Can you elaborate a bit on exactly how the failure occurs. Define "intermittent". Are the transmission & transmission pump original as far as you know.? Do you know how to access Diagnostic Codes in the Monitor.?