140M2 Serial # M9D000891 I need to resolve these active codes , when I try to turn on the auto grade control gcs900 is says check hydraulic system Panel has this warming light on Implement System - This indicator illuminates red when there is an active warning in the implement system or the Accugrade system. These are the active codes 4386-3 Implement ECM AUX LEVER 8 sensor Voltage above normal 4387-3 Implement ECM AUX LEVER 9 sensor Voltage above normal Have no idea where either sensor is located. And of course secondary steering Please. Help
Any and all help is appreciated
Kudos for posting a Serial Number. Makes it a doddle to find information. Attached the troubleshooting procedures for your two Diagnostic Codes. You will also require the electrical schematic. I will send you a copy to keep an eye on your messages. Not sure what you mean by this. Can you expand a little.? Based on the age of your machine (built 2011) it might be a very idea to update all the onboard software to the latest available Part Numbers.
Any and all help is appreciated Thanks for responding Nige, As far as the secondary steering what I meant was I thought it was a common problem on the m2 thought the mechanic bypassed it in ET but it still shows as active code .
Sorry forgot to upload the files......... If you want to troubleshoot it post the Code you have Active. I'll find the diagnostics.
I don't have the thumbwheels, everything is either a push button or a rocker switch the (auto on off grade control = push button , increment /decrement switches= rocker switch . My rippers have a thumb wheel on a grip just below the message center
Do you not have two rollers (thumbwheels) #36 & #37 for the Grade Control. Those specific two sensors are the two that are producing the Diagnostic Codes in your OP. Thumbwheels were used on the Series I machines where the Seria II are a mixture of rollers, thumbwheels, and mini-joysticks but the same diagnostic procedure works for all of them. Don't get fixated on the description.
I’m having the same exact issues as he is stating my machine doesn’t have the thumbwheels either all this happened after cat flashed machine and Trimble system was installed could they have installed the wrong file?
Usual thing. Please start with a machine Serial Number. Can you provide answers to the four questions below please. 1. Was the machine fine (no Active Codes) until the Trimble system was installed.? 2. If Codes came up immediately following the installation of the Trimble system what did Cat Service do about it.? I assume they knew/know before they handed the machine back to you.? 3. I assume you have Active Diagnostic Codes. If so which ones.? 4. Did Cat field service download Product Status Reports using ET both before and after the install.? They should have done, especially for something as complex as a Trimble install. Need to see copies of both "before" and "after" PSRs.
1. B9D03030 No these codes have been active since the company I work for has owned this machine it would pop up and you would have to override hydraulics cause it would lock the system and I went to diagnose and fix the issue until I realized that the error codes are for some what gps type stuff. So the boss was wanting to get Trimble installed so he had it installed everything was perfect when installed it put both of the codes inactive so I thought we had it fixed. Get it to job site and codes re appear Trimble had a tech come out and he stated he sees nothing wrong on his end so he requested for cat to update machine. Diagnostic codes are 4386-3 4387-3 I can have these codes turn inactive if I disable “Joystick Grading” cause the Trimble guy stated he’s not sure if that’s supposed to be active since I don’t have those buttons I basically have controls from Trimble So when I have no codes on machine after I turn off joystick grading I have absolutely no fault codes sometimes the system will work fine until u stall the engine down a little bit then it kicks the autos out on the Trimble then it says “Check Hydraulic system” and there is no fault codes or events in cat et when it says this and the system will not work till the next day or so it will never stay going
And yesterday after machine was updated by cat it got a new error code when the gps system was working a articulation error Error code E2085 “2”
OK, so you have an early 140M as opposed to a Series 2. If the Codes were there before the Trimble install then I would say it is unlikely they are related to that work. Need copies of the "before" & "after" PSRs to check sogftware Part Numbers and settings. You will have to get those from the dealer. Cross your fingers the tech who worked on it downloaded them, but if he didn't then someonne should be asking WHY NOT.? It's standard protocol after all. At a minimum the "after" PSR is absolutely required. The two troubleshooting procedures for the 4386-3 & 4387-3 posted above for the other machine will work for yours as well. Regarding the E2085 it's back to the PSR again. Need to see what software Part Number is installed in the Implement ECM.
Before Trimble top con was on the system when we purchased it
I have a psr before the cat tech updated in case he didn’t but I can pull the recent psr after he updated it