Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

14m

Bj&thebeer ยท 2013-04-08 05:26

hi I got a 14m has just done 910 hours. I love it does any one know in transmission setting there's a setting that says soft shift. I enabled it now when I start the m a alarm goes off and I have to disabled it.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2013-04-08 08:04

    Exactly how did you set the "soft shift" ..?

  2. #2Bj&thebeer2013-04-08 14:57

    On the we LCD screen go to transmission settings it should come up

  3. #3Nige2013-04-08 16:15

    OK, here's the deal. On certain machines an orifice plate is installed on the ECPC (transmission) control valve. The purpose of that plate was an interim way to hydraulically modulate directional shifts F->R or vice versa and make them less aggressive. The latest machines (or any earlier machine that has had the Power Train software updated to the latest available) provide an adjustable shift agressiveness mode that is settable from the Messenger screen. This is the "Soft Shift" parameter you found. Also the new software has within it a selectable parameter depending whether the orifice plate is already installed in the ECPC valve or not - if already installed it would be a pain to try to remove it unless the tranny was being stripped for overhaul. However that parameter is selected using Cat ET, not the Messenger screen, so you cant see it from the seat. So if you don't have ET on site call the dealer out under warranty. I'm willing to bet that the machine has the latest Power Train software installed and that the Orifice Plate parameter is incorrectly configured so that it's causing a conflict within the machine electronics. Tell the dealer tech to look at Service Magazine SEPD1553 published on 14/01/2013.

  4. #4Bj&thebeer2013-04-08 18:24

    thanks for that ill look in to it.