Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

15″ split rim Dayton style wheels wanted

charles walton · 2020-09-09 04:07

I am looking for some rims for an old lowboy. I need a 15" split rim for a spare and I also would like to find some 17.5 Dayton style so I can start converting to tubeless.

Replies16
  1. #1petepilot2020-09-09 23:20

    don`t have any 2 piece but i do have about a dozen 17.5 s

  2. #2mitch5042020-09-09 23:37

    You can run 17.5s as spares for 15s. Just make sure they are both bias or radial. Just remember, 10.00R-15 = 11R-17.5 and 9.00R-15 = 10.00R-17.5, just like 11R-22.5 will run beside 10.00-20

  3. #3Tenwheeler2020-09-10 21:55

    I would not even buy a used split rim unless I needed it for some tires I had. Breaks the rules but I will put a bias next to a radial. 110 PSI in the radial and 70 in the bias. Get all you can out of what you have and move up. Tread needs to match fairly well also.

  4. #4charles walton2020-09-11 16:10

    I have 8 good ones on the trailer and one brand new tire and tube that I need a wheel for,I will be replacing them with 17.5 tubeless when they wear out or possibly sooner if I can find some rims for a good price.

  5. #5charles walton2020-09-11 16:12

    I would be interested in some wheels if I don't find some a little closer. You can send me a price by Perssonel message if you would sell some.

  6. #6charles walton2020-09-16 21:28

    Still looking

  7. #74x4ford2020-09-17 03:44

    There was some 10.00 17.5 on Dayton’s listed on face book near se Missouri don’t know if those would work for you or not tried finding the add but can’t seem to find it now

  8. #8361brock2021-01-15 21:37

    The 10x15s carry more weight than tubeless 17.5s.

  9. #9361brock2021-01-18 14:10

    If you can find 10x15s load range J, they are rated for more weight than even 11x22.5 load range H

  10. #10ilovetracks2021-01-22 21:02

    I run tubeless 6.75x17.5 wheels. All purchased new.....theyre all ****! I've bought from different venders, they crack at weld lose air and blow out going down the interstate, both style wheels for spoke are trash.

  11. #11suladas2021-01-23 00:47

    That's weird, i've never had a single issue with my 17.5's wheels or tires. No idea what brand rims are.

  12. #12ilovetracks2021-01-23 21:22

    Maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's the trailer.

  13. #13ilovetracks2021-01-23 21:23

    How long ago did you buy your wheels?

  14. #14suladas2021-01-24 16:56

    They were on the trailer when I bought it about 3.5 years ago, and I imagine all still original, the trailer is a 2012.

  15. #15dieseldog5.92021-02-02 10:41

    Nice part about the 15in rims they have a tube, and seem better off road, because more sidewall maybe. And the added exitment of explosion when being changed.

  16. #16361brock2021-02-22 18:57

    I seat the split rim with just enough pressure to make it up then mount it on axle with other tire before filling. and even then I use a clip on chuck and get away.