Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

15w40

Nac ยท 2010-10-19 16:52

I have to stock up on some 15W40 oil in bulk. What brand do you guys recommend. I will be for my construction equipment and my trucks. I am leaning towards Mobil Delvac 1300. What about Royal purple anybody use it? Also what about fuel additives form my storage tanks?

Replies10
  1. #1bill53622010-10-19 17:19

    I use Mobile Delvac 1300 have have for years. I also buy in bulk also and have an air dispenser, I use it in my fleet trucks and equipment, and am on the Baldwin Fleet filter program, get my filters from Truck-Pro save a ton.

  2. #2AMPRO2010-10-21 22:03

    NAC, Please look at the 15w-40 synthetic diesel oil from AMSOIL. I am an AMSOIL Dealer because I started using it in my tractor and Dodge 2500 Cummins turbo and it increased my MPG by 2 miles to the gallon and I test my oil instead of guessing when it needs changed. On large equipment is saves hundreds of dollars. Please visit AMSOIL.com and just check it out! You won't be sorry! email me if you want to talk.

  3. #3daman2010-11-21 21:24

    Any oil from the big "three", Delvac,Delo,Rotella is a very good choice and with the proper service intervals or using oil analysis your equipment will out last you.

  4. #4Dozerboy2010-11-22 18:46

    X2 Delvac, Delo, or Rotella are great choices. I wouldn't touch Amsoil or Royal purple. Amsoil is great but to expensive unless your going to run bypass filters and extended drain intervals. Royal purple is crap it sludges up like crazy.

  5. #5Mccahilldozing2010-11-24 14:50

    I run Delo 400 in my cat and haven't had any problems at all. They say its as good as synthetic oil. THe only reason you would want to run a synthetic oil would be to extend your oil drain intervals. I don't mind changing the oil every 200 hours on my tractor and my SOS results are always good. Walmart or Costco has the best prices on Delo. Cheaper than bulk

  6. #6daman2010-11-24 14:57

    False and true.... but thats not the only advantage of synthetics,synthetics will handle high oil temps better then conventional,oil oxidation and cleanliness(controls sludge and deposits better) just to name a few.

  7. #7Randy882010-12-04 21:44

    I run kendall ois and lubes, mainly because my dealer has free oil sampling and gives me the sample bottles and I can sample as much as I want, I even sample between drains to monitor oils for extended drains and also hydruaulic oils every engine oil change we pull samples out of the hydraulics as well to see how long its safe to run the hydraulic oil, we used to use baldwin filters but my local napa offered a filter program and now we have been using thier filters, were happy with baldwin but I had to order ahead of time and this way I'm never more than a few miles away from endless supply of filters and theres no delay or a lot of inventory sitting around either.

  8. #8Greg2011-03-26 09:47

    I run Cenex Superlube in everything. My experience has been what ever you start with, stay with. All of the good oil may have the same properties and specifications but there will be slight differences. I know of lots of engines with lots of hours or miles on them where the brand of oil got changed and things went to h--- shortly there after. Concidence? I don't know, but it happened here twice and I know of several others with the same experience.

  9. #9ddigger2011-03-26 17:43

    I run only delo 400 15/40 in my excavator, I change oil at 250hrs. I have over 20.000hrs on my CAT330L. And had just as good of service with a JD excavator with just as many if not more hrs when I sold it. I`m convinced. l

  10. #101080 bobcat2011-03-26 21:29

    I run schaffers 15/40 in my loader & trucks i'm convinced it saved my rebuilt engine in my loader a few years ago when the oil pump drive gear went south after only 600 hrs after rebuild my paw in law was running it and thinks he ran it for 30 min with out oil pressure.