Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

160H transmission failure

zzhheekkaa · 2022-06-26 15:01

Hello everybody! I got a CAT 160H XZK00471 grader with a problematic transmission for repairs. The essence of the problem is that after the repair of the transmission (not by me), at first there were transmissions 1F and 1R, then they disappeared. When choosing any gear, the car stalled from jamming the gearbox. By removing the solenoid coils, I found an extra solenoid "A" being powered, removing it from the solenoid base, I was able to turn on the 1F gear and the neutral is activated in place of other gears, in cat et I see all the gears on the selector, and in the gear line: park, neutral and 1 , then all neutral. There are no active errors. The resistance of all coils is approximately 31-32 ohms. There are no shorts in the harness from the ECM to the coils. But the operator helped me to identify a strange pattern, if you sharply select 2-8F from neutral, then they turn on and ET displays this. Reverse speed does not turn on, because. coil "A" is off. The customer brought another ECM, it still didn't work. Can you tell me what else I can try to change / check? PS I write through google translator.

Replies1
  1. #1jerrydorm814222022-08-05 06:42

    How about to call the dealer? i think they must know what the problwm is