Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

17.5 rim spacers

charles walton · 2022-02-17 19:40

I am wanting to put 235/75/17.5 tires on my tilt tag trailer in place of 8.25/15.00 tube type. I have ran some 215/75/17.5 with the spacers,will the same spacers work with the 235's or will they be too close?

Replies8
  1. #1charles walton2022-02-19 12:02

    I guess nobody knows anything about this.

  2. #2heymccall2022-02-19 12:54

    Assuming spoke hubs, if you change the spacer to wider, how will you get the clamps on?

  3. #3charles walton2022-02-19 12:59

    Looks like maybe a 1/2 inch wider will work. I'm going to get 2 tires mounted up and try it with the spacers that I have and see if they're too close. I was hoping someone could tell me what width they were using in this application.

  4. #4heymccall2022-02-19 14:50

    Spoke hubs on my 1997 Interstate 40DLA. Looks like plenty of room to me.

  5. #5Junkyard2022-02-19 15:43

    We changed a bunch from 10.00-15 to 17.5’s and ran the same spacers. 8.25 would be more like a 215 which is narrower and wouldn’t be so close with your currents spacers.

  6. #61693TA2022-02-19 16:20

    If you have rims for the conversion you would be good. I've done what you propose and had enough clearance. You should currently have 3.50" length studs and these are easily replaced by 4.00" if needed for wider spacers. If you are going to work with a vendor for the 17.5" rims, ask if there would be a discount per rim available for quantity. I need eight of the 6.75X17.5 to convert my old trailer over also. I already have new tires but no rims to mount them on yet.

  7. #7charles walton2022-02-19 19:42

    I picked these rims up with some 215 tires that won't meet my application so I'm going to take them off and put new 235's on and I won't stress over it.

  8. #8indirocz282022-11-14 11:24

    Good morning, I’m looking to potentially convert my current trailer with 3 spoke hubs and 8.25-15 tires over to the 17.5s. I’m searching for vendors and information needed on doing so.