Last time I put the 175C in the shed the track tension loosened and now I'm afraid that the track will come off when I go to get it out. I started to remove the plate behind the idler wheel looking for a greese fitting but my impact battery died so was time for tea and ask the experts. Am off the a good start? Please explain the proper way to tighten the tracks and to what tension should they be set. Thanks.
Most dozers and track loaders work the same. Travel in a straight line then stop. Lock up the opposite side track and move the free track in forward enough to put slack on top of the track frame. Set the park brake and get down. Put a straight edge that is long enough to reach from the idler to the front top roller. There should be a sag below the straight edge. Add grease to the adjuster till the sag is about one to two inches below the straight edge. I have a video showing the procedure on YouTube.